Diet Soda and Its Negative Effects on the Body
If you are like many people, you might think that drinking diet soda is better for you than drinking regular soda. However, the truth is that there are plenty of negative side effects of diet soda that will make you want to avoid it at all costs. In reality, this beverage can be even worse for you. A good amount of the reason why your health can take a downward spiral is due to the artificial sweeteners found in diet soda. Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame are said to contain formaldehyde, which is alarming as are the negative side effects of diet soda.
- Although it is dubbed “diet,” diet soda can actually result in you packing on the pounds. Obesity can occur when you drink several diet sodas per day.
- One of the scariest negative side effects of diet soda is that they are bad for the kidneys. If you drink more than two diet sodas per day, your kidneys will begin to decline over time.
- Consuming diet soda regularly can make you susceptible to developing metabolic syndrome. This means you can develop belly fat that can put you at a higher risk for heart disease.
- Drinking diet soda regularly can erode away at the your bones. This is also true for regular soda, but the darker diet sodas have ingredients such as phosphoric acid that can wreak havoc on your bones and the enamel in your teeth.
- Cell damage is one of the negative side effects of diet soda. Diet soda contains mold inhibitors such as sodium and potassium benzoate, which can actually change the cells in the body. In addition, these chemicals can cause allergies and asthma.
- When mixed with an alcoholic beverage, diet soda can result in a terrible hangover. Diet soda added to liquor can cause you to get drunk faster because the artificial sweeteners allow the alcohol to get into the bloodstream faster.
The best thing you can do for your health is to stop drinking diet soda altogether. It will benefit you for the long term. If you are trying to lose weight and want to diet in a healthier manner, make an appointment with NYC Weightloss Solutions. To schedule your free consultation, please click below or call Becky Wilborn at (212) 759-8118.