Top 10 Tips on Maintaining Your Achieved Weight Loss
Now that you have achieved your weight loss goals it can be difficult to determine what to do next. Maintaining achieved weight loss can seem like a daunting task. However, with these top ten tips on maintaining achieved weight loss you will be able to keep those pounds off and have continued success.
- Weight loss is a change in your lifestyle. Weight loss is not a quick fix or fad diet. It is a long term change in your mindset.
- Maintain a positive attitude to your new lifestyle. Your attitude will impact how well you continue your new healthier lifestyle. Don’t look at your new health regimen as a daunting daily chore or you will eventually resent these new healthy habits you have developed.
- Avoid falling back into old, unhealthy habits. Once you have achieved success it is easy to fall back into old routines. However, to keep that weight off, it is essential that you continue your new healthier lifestyle.
- Balance what you eat with how much you exercise. Burning more calories than you consumed was important to lose weight. Now, you need a healthy balance to maintain your weight.
- Continue daily physical activity. Exercise is one of the most important aspects to maintaining your new weight. Continue the exercise routine you had while you were trying to lose weight.
- Weigh yourself regularly. As you continue to weigh yourself regularly you will become more aware of your weight. This will give you a better chance of quickly recognizing any unwelcome added pounds.
- Keep a food and exercise journal. It is easy to get caught up in daily life. By keeping a food and exercise journal you will be able to monitor your weight and keep track of any new trends that develop in your life.
- Take control of portion sizes. Split an entree with a friend or put half of your entree in a to-go bag before you begin eating. This way you will take control of the size of your meal and avoid over eating.
- Add variety to your diet. Variety will help keep you excited about food and about your successful weight loss. Include whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables and lean protein sources.
- Drink plenty of water. Water helps with digestion and metabolism. Drink 10 8 ounce glasses per day.
To schedule your free consultation please click below or call Becky Wilborn at (212) 759-8118.