How To Avoid The Worst Dieting Tips
A Customized Diet Solution will help you to avoid those pesky dieting tips you receive through Internet news feeds and social media on a daily basis – wanted or not. NYC’s celebrated personal weight loss coach – Becky Wilborn – has compiled a short-list of definite DONT’S to supplement your customized diet solution.
Dieting Tips to Avoid
Ditch these tips and rely more on sound advice from your personal weight loss coach.
- Avoidable Tip No. 1: Carrots, beets and bananas are bad because they are high in carbs/sugars
- Avoidable Tip No. 2: No gluten – regardless of source
- Avoidable Tip No. 3: Only eat egg whites – not the yolk
- Avoidable Tip No. 4: Always count calories – they are all the same
- Avoidable Tip No. 5: Always choose low-fat because fat is bad
Carrots, Beets and Bananas
Yes, bananas, beets and carrots may be a bit higher in carbs and sugars than their counterpart fruits and veggies, but no one has ever become overweight for consuming them.
- Small Banana = 23 grams of carbs
- Small Apple = 21 grams of carbs
It’s a matter of overconsumption – not the beets you love in your salad. Try alternating berries with your banana on cereal or oatmeal in the mornings. Bananas, carrots, and beets do not equate to the carbs found in cookies and candies.
A healthy diet is naturally gluten-free. You don’t have to suffer from a gluten sensitivity to go gluten-free. Eating whole, real foods will divert you away from gluten. Consuming unhealthy artificial gluten-free foods may cause you to gain weight.
- Lean proteins
- Healthy fats
- Unprocessed whole grains
Egg Whites vs. Yolks
Recent studies have shown there is no connection between eating whole eggs and an increased risk of heart disease. Go ahead and order an omelet with yolks! Even though eggs are high in cholesterol, they do not have an impact on your blood cholesterol level
Benefits of adding a whole egg to your daily diet:
- Lowers your risk of stroke
- Provides you with anti-inflammation antioxidants
- Adds Vitamins D and B12 to your diet
- Adds minerals to your diet – selenium, zinc, iron
- Add a concentrated source of the essential nutrient – choline – to your diet
Counting calories is only important when you are over-indulging in bad ones.
- A 100 calorie cupcake or pretzel snack – versus –
- A 100 calorie avocado or almonds snack
The cupcake is full of sugars and unhealthy fats.
The avocado will provide you with fiber, healthy fat, and antioxidants. Avocados also help you to stay satisfied, keep you from cravings, and reduce your waistline.
Don’t count calories – just choose the more nutrient dense choice to help you lose weight, not gain.
Are Low-Fat Foods the Best Choice?
Fat does not make you gain weight – it is good. Recent research has shown that a low-fat diet coupled with high carbohydrates will cause weight gain. Go for the real version of fat – not low-fat – and help your body to trigger its fat-storing hormones. You will feel more satisfied and crave less.
Learn More Weight Loss Solutions!
Click the icon below – or – call 212.759.8118 for a free consultation at NYC Weightloss Solutions. Learn more WEIGHT LOSS DONT’S from our nutrition experts.Click Here to Schedule Your Free Consultation