How To Keep Off Weight After Dieting
Starting a diet can be a great way to jump-start a healthy lifestyle and lose those extra pounds. Unfortunately, most people end up gaining back all of the weight they lost while on a successful diet plan.
Dieting certainly isn’t easy, but maintaining the weight loss is where the real battle begins. It’s about taking small steps everyday that add up to a big change. But most people simply don’t know what they are doing wrong because they never learned how to keep the weight off after dieting.
Losing weight doesn’t happen overnight, and neither does gaining it back. Both weight gain and loss are fueled by the day-to-day decisions someone makes.
Here are some typical behavior patterns correlated with weight gain:
- A lack of home-cooked meals
- Skipping Breakfast
- Eating out or “on-the-run”
- Drinking soda or coffee instead of water
- Eating only every 5-6 hours
- Getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night
How to keep off weight after dieting
A diet isn’t designed for long-term weight loss goals, but rather as a starting point for a complete change in lifestyle. After losing weight on a diet, follow these simple steps to create real and lasting changes:
- Eat Regularly. Skipping meals significantly slows the body’s metabolism. Eating infrequently also causes intense hunger, leading to overeating later in the day. Start everyday with a balanced breakfast. Then, eat healthy snacks and small meals throughout the day.
- Keep a Food & Activity Journal. Start with a list of health related goals you want to achieve. Then, keep track of everything you eat, along with your exercise routines, to ensure you are staying on track to your ultimate goals.
- Eat Fresh Foods. One of the most important factors to living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining weight loss is eating a balanced diet. Don’t eat too many processed foods. Instead, incorporate fresh foods that are harvested from the earth into snack and mealtime.
- Stay Active. A lack of exercise can quickly lead to weight gain. Exercise not only increases metabolism, but it also increases energy levels and cognitive functioning. Furthermore, regular physical activity decreases one’s risk for diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Engage in exercises that are enjoyable to avoid burnout.
- Don’t Go it Alone. Having support is crucial for achieving health related goals. The NYC Weightloss Solutions offers one-on-one counseling with a professional and knowledgeable health expert who can lend you a helping hand along each step of the way.
The NYC Weightloss Solutions in NYC
The staff at the NYC Weightloss Solutions truly cares for their clients and they help to carve out a path that leads to a complete transformation in people’s lives. Learning how to keep off weight after dieting is a struggle, but the professionals at the NYC Weightloss Solutions provide the tools needed for success.
With over 40 years of experience, the NYC Weightloss Solutions provides each and every client a completely customized health plan that teaches them how to lose the weight and actually keep it off.
To schedule your free consultation please click below or call (212) 759-8118Click Here to Schedule Your Free Consultation