Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss – How Does it Work?
Apple cider vinegar is a natural supplement used to prevent and cure several ailments. It can also be an incredibly powerful weight loss tool. Studies have shown a significant link between ingesting apple cider vinegar and weight loss.
This article explains how and why this simple natural ingredient helps you to lose weight when added to your daily diet.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss
When paired with a healthy diet, apple cider vinegar (ACV) helps to change the physiological mechanisms that support a healthy weight.
Here’s how it works:
- Controls Blood Sugar Levels. Sudden spikes or dips in blood sugar can cause insatiable hunger that leads to overeating. Maintaining stable blood sugar levels is critical to losing weight. Apple cider vinegar has been found to keep blood sugar levels even in-between meals.
- Suppresses Appetite. A study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that those who added apple cider vinegar in their meal felt fuller for longer. This helps to curb cravings and prevent over-snacking between meals.
- Detox the Body. Overtime, the body builds up toxins from what we eat and drink. ACV helps to flush those harmful toxins from the body, leading to better digestion and increased metabolism.
- Adjusts Insulin Secretion. Insulin is a hormone that is responsible for maintaining blood sugar levels, among other bodily functions. Healthy insulin levels help the body to process fats and are imperative for overall health and wellness. Some studies have shown that apple cider vinegar has an extremely positive affect on how the body secrets insulin and stores fat.
- Increases Metabolism. The organic acids and enzymes found in ACV stimulates the metabolism which results in the body being able to burn through fat much faster. A slow metabolism will always hinder weight loss. But adding apple cider vinegar to mealtime can give your metabolism the boost it needs.
Using ACV for Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar and weight loss go hand-in-hand and adding it to any meal or drink is quick and easy. Start out gradually by adding a teaspoon of ACV to one glass of water per day. Then, steadily increase the amount of up to 2 tablespoons and then drink one to three glasses each day.
If possible, drink water mixed with ACV about an hour before each meal for optimal results. Also, try drinking it first thing in the morning to kick-start the body’s metabolism.
Since vinegar is acidic by nature, drinking it undiluted could cause permanent damage to the teeth, stomach, and throat. So, always remember to mix it with liquid or food.
The NYC Weightloss Solutions Can Help!
There are many tips and tricks for losing weight, but it’s hard to know what actually works. Apple cider vinegar is one of the many well-researched tools the NYC Weightloss Solutions uses to get the job done. Along with a healthy diet and exercise routine, ACV is the perfect addition to a well-balanced lifestyle.
The professionals at the NYC Weightloss Solutions have over 40 years of experience in helping people reach their weight loss goals by providing them with the step-by-step guidance they need to be successful, along with a tailored plan that fits their lifestyle.
To schedule your free consultation please click below or call us at (212) 759-8118Click Here to Schedule Your Free Consultation